About us and a brief history...
Episcopal Church in Edwardsville was established in
its first rector, The Reverend Joseph Darrow. The
present site has been
occupied by St. Andrew's since the early 1870s, but
cornerstone of the current structure was laid in
1916 and the building
completed the following year. The new addition,
including a spacious
parish hall, classrooms, choir rehearsal facilities,
rector's office, was dedicated in 2001 and more than
doubles the space
available to the parish.
Over its 166-year history under 31
rectors, St. Andrew's has witnessed much of our
country's history and
has survived its share of crises, some of which were
severe enough to
close its doors. But through the love and dedication
of its members,
this modest parish has sprung back from each,
supporting in its members
the faith that St. Andrew's is "sustained for God's
information about St. Andrew's is available in a
history available from the church's gift shop.
Copies of the history can also be found at the
Madison County Historical Society
Library and the Edwardsville Public Library.
Statement: We are a Christian community
by honoring the
seeking wisdom in
and welcoming all
as God's children.
strength and courage,
and joy in the
has given us.
Come worship with